Only working days
The series of Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK), or Chinese Proficiency Test, is a test program organized and conducted worldwide by the Center for Language Education and Cooperation. It is a standardized Chinese proficiency test designed for non-native speakers, providing certification of various levels of proficiency to Chinese learners. Due to the pandemic, in April 2020 the Online Chinese Test (Home Edition) was made available to take online, allowing students to participate in the test according to their demands on time, facilitating their preparedness for study abroad, graduation and application for job, accommodating other demands on their time. More than 50,000 people have so far taken the online test, providing overwhelmingly positive feedback. In light of the epidemic overseas, it has been decided to set up online test at home for foreign countries on March 13, April 24, and June 5 respectively to meet the test demands overseas. The essential information regarding the online test is as follows:
1. Test takers of the online test
Test takers should reside in countries where on-site HSK, HSKK, and YCT have not yet resumed.
Test takers should contact their local test center in the first instance in order to register for the test. Visit www.chinesetest.cn and click Global Test Centers to find your local center.
2. Registration requirements
Before registration, please make sure that your system and environment meet the test requirements.
A computer running Windows 7/10. Screen resolution should be 1366*768 or above. Mac OS operating systems and mobile devices are not supported.
Network bandwidth should be 20M and speed 150KB/s or above.
High-definition PC camera (built-in or external; 300,000 pixels or above); the room should be well lit to ensure clear images.
Mobile phone with camera: Invigilation software should be downloaded onto the phone as directed by the test center.
(1) The test taker should enter the designated meeting room one hour before the test starts, placing the mobile phone one meter behind them and slightly to the left or the right, so that the invigilator can see both the computer screen and the test taker.
(2) The invigilator will undertake a 360-degree inspection of the test environment through the invigilating software.
(3) The test taker should ensure his or her mobile phone is connected to WiFi and turn on flight mode.
(4) The mobile phone should be fully charged to ensure normal operation for the full duration of the test.
HSKK test takers should have good-quality headphones with a microphone, which should be excellent in acoustic insulation and transmission.
The test should be undertaken in a closed, separate room to ensure there is no disturbance. The test may not be taken in any open environment, for example parks, Internet cafes, or restaurants. All hardware and equipment that will be used for the test should be placed in plain sight on the desk. This should include no item that is not being used for the test. No other people may enter the test room during the test. The test result shall be rendered invalid if the test taker is seen to violate any of these regulations.
Cross-border registration is not allowed. For instance, test takers who register for the online test with a test center in the U.S. must connect from the U.S. on the day of the test.
Before registration, please ensure you are able to meet all the above requirements. The test fee will not be refunded if the test environment, test equipment, or other conditions are found to violate the requirements.
(1) It is not allowed to record the test questions, either on paper and/ or in any other way
(2) With an aim to guarantee the safe operation of the test, test centers may ask for some personal details or documents, for example name, photo, or other information, and make audio- and video-recordings of the test. Data will only be collected for the purposes of the test and in accordance with all relevant data protection laws.
3. Registration and payment
Visit www.chinesetest.cn to register online. While registering, the test takers should choose to register at a test center that offers online test service in their countries. Before registration, please contact the center to receive relevant information.
Test date and registration deadline
(online test at home)
4. Test form
The test takers should log in the client-side terminal of the online test system through their personal computer. Test invigilators of the test centers that the test takers register at will conduct remote real-time invigilation throughout the test.
5. Test admission ticket and results
Test admission ticket will be issued to test takers by the respective test center ten days prior to the test. Test takers can use the same details to log in at www.chinesetest.cn to inquire about the test result (after 10 days for the HSK and YCT; after 25 days for the HSKK). Test takers can also apply for a printed result report to be mailed to them or their institutions using the Extra Score Report service.
Each test center shall treat the online test very seriously. Please contact CTI with any queries.
Ms. Wang: +86-010-59307610
Ms. Wei: +86-010-59307668
Test information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Test center information: email@example.com