Only working days
The series of Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK), or Chinese Proficiency Test, is a test program organized and conducted worldwide by the Center for Language Education and Cooperation. It is a standardized Chinese proficiency test designed for non-native speakers, providing certification of various levels of proficiency to Chinese learners. Due to the pandemic, in April 2020 the Online Chinese Test (Home Edition) was made available to take online, allowing students to participate in the test according to their demands on time, facilitating their preparedness for study abroad, graduation and application for job, accommodating other demands on their time. More than 100,000 people have so far taken the online test, which have won the consistent high praise from all walks of life. To further meet the needs of Chinese learners to take HSK (paper and oral examination), YCT, BCT and other Chinese tests during the epidemic, it has been decided to release four testing dates of Online Chinese Tests (Home Edition) for foreign countries on the first half of the 2022: February 27, March 12, April 23 and June 25. The essential information regarding the online test is as follows:
01 Targeting test takers of the online test at home
1.Test takers should reside in countries where on-site HSK, HSK Oral Test,YCT, BCT have not yet resumed.
2.Test takers should contact their local test center in the first instance in order to register for the test. Visit www.chinesetest.cn and click Global Test Centers to find your local center.
02 Registration requirements
Before registration, please make sure that your system and environment meet the test requirements.
The test takers are required to prepare a computer and a mobile phone/tablet. The computer will be used to type the answers and the mobile phone/tablet will be used to invigilate the test.
1. A computer running Windows 7/10.
(1) Mac OS operating systems are not supported, and Mac computers/laptops are not recommended.
(2) Screen resolution should be 1366*768 or above.
(3) High-definition PC camera (built-in or external; 300,000 pixels or above); the room should be well lit to ensure clear images.
(4) The device should be equipped with wired earphone, which the sound is clear and the sound insulation effect is good. The oral test shall be recorded, microphone and earphone shall be prepared, and the recording shall be clear and sound insulation shall be good.
Note: The test itself cannot be conducted on mobile devices such as mobile phones, tablets, etc. Bluetooth devices, external USB storage devices, such as USB drives and wireless receivers, are not allowed during the test.
2. Mobile phone with camera: Invigilation software should be downloaded onto the phone as directed by the test center.
(1) The test taker should enter the designated meeting room one hour before the test starts, placing the mobile phone one meter behind them and slightly to the left or the right, so that the invigilator can see both the computer screen and the test taker.
(2) The invigilator will undertake a 360-degree inspection of the test environment through the invigilating software.
(3) The test taker should switch the mobile devices on flight mode with WiFi connected.
(4) The mobile phone should be fully charged to ensure normal operation for the full duration of the test.
3.Network bandwidth should be 20M and speed 150KB/s or above. During the test, please close other unrelated applications and use the direct connection network to enter the test.
4.The test should be undertaken in a closed, separate room to ensure there is no disturbance. The test may not be taken in any open environment, for example, parks, Internet cafés, restaurants etc. All hardware and equipment that will be used for the test should be placed in plain sight on the desk. This should include no item that is not being used for the test. No other people may enter the test room during the test. The test result shall be rendered invalid if the test taker is seen to violate any of these regulations.
5.Cross-border registration is not allowed and would lead to score invalid. For instance, test takers who register for the online test with a test center in the U.S. must be in the U.S. on the day of the test.
6.Test takers from certain countries are required to take both HSK and HSK Oral Test. The corresponding level is as follow:
HSK level 3 corresponds to primary oral test
HSK level 4 corresponds to intermediate oral test
HSK level 5 and 6 correspond to advanced oral test
Note: The starting time of oral test preliminary and intermediate has been changed, please refers to the time on your admission ticket!
7.Please be sure to confirm whether you meet all the conditions as above before the test registration. If the test environment, equipment and other conditions are found insufficient or unmatched as above after the registration and the payment, the test service fee will not be refunded.
(1) It is not allowed to record the test questions, either on paper and/ or in any other way.
(2) With an aim to guarantee the safe operation of the test, test centers may ask for some personal details or documents, for example name, photo, or other information, and make audio- and video-recordings of the test.
We will only store (local servers) and use these types of personal information to the extent permitted by law.
03 registration and payment
1.Visit www.chinesetest.cn to register online. While registering, the test takers should choose to register at a test center that offers online test service in their countries. Before registration, please contact the center for relevant information.
2.Test date and registration deadline
(online test at home)
HSK Oral Test
3. Starting from January 1, 2022, the following adjustments will be made to the service fees of the online test:
(1) The service fee for HSK, HSK oral test, YCT, BCT and other online tests will increase by 30% on the basis of the local regular Chinese test service fee.
(2) Preferential treatment will be given to test centers where HSK level 3-6 and oral test are combined to implement online test: the service fee for the combined level test will be implemented as the original written test + oral test service fee, and will no longer increase.
The test takers should log in the client-side terminal of the online test system through their personal computer. Test invigilators of the test centers that the test takers register at will conduct remote real-time invigilation throughout the test.
05 Test admission ticket and results
Test takers can use the information on the test admission ticket to log in via www.chinesetest.cn to inquire about the test result 10 days after the test date of HSK YCT, BCT ; 25 days after the test date of HSK Oral Test (postponed in case of holidays). Test takers can also apply for a printed certificate to be delivered to individuals or the institutes by applying the Extra Score Report service.
Each test center shall treat the online test very seriously. Please contact CTI with any queries.
For test takers: email@example.com
For test centers: firstname.lastname@example.org